Welcome to Centrepoint Psychotherapy
Are you ready to break free from self doubt, procrastination, and paralysis, and live your life to the fullest?
Are you burnt out from putting excessive pressure on yourself to perform and please others?
Have you tried traditional talk therapy and found it ineffective to defeat self destructive cycles that hold your love for yourself and others hostage?
Life is unpredictable, and painful experiences can hit us without warning.
Whether you’ve been blindsided by a recent event, or want help to get out of a long term rut, you need a skilled, compassionate Therapist on your side.
We can help you make sense of where you are, how you got here, and where you want to go.
- a warm, non-judgemental space where you will feel deeply seen and understood.
- effective treatment to relieve anxiety and depression, and restore your confidence and motivation
- help to navigate issues that threaten your relationships
- compassion and clarity on how your history has shaped the patterns you want to change
- a powerful, collaborative partnership for positive change!
We would be honoured to walk with you on your healing journey!
Book an Initial 15 Min Telephone Consultation
Feel free to contact me for a free 15 minute phone consultation. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have, and discuss different treatment options that are available to you.
I am privileged to live, work, and play on the unceded territories of the traditional and ancestral Coast Salish homelands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), Stó:lō, and sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations, colonially known as Vancouver, BC, Canada. I aspire to honour traditional ways of living and engage in self education, humility, and connecting with people and place.
We provide effective treatment and meaningful change in many areas, such as:
- Relationship Issues
- Unresolved Trauma
- Couples Therapy
- Social Anxiety/Phobia
- Overwhelming Emotions
- Self Sabotaging Patterns
- Healthy boundaries and Communication
- Addictive Behaviour
- Anger Problems
- Lack of Emotional/Sexual Intimacy
- Parenting Challenges
Our holistic approach is customized to your needs, and integrates techniques from evidence-based therapies, such as:
- Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP)
- Intensive Short Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP)
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Internal Family Systems Therapy (IFS)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness & Self Compassion Training
- Emotion Focused Therapy for Couples (EFT)
- Psychobiological Approach to Couples Therapy (PACT)
- Attachment-Focused Therapy
From The Blog
Do you have a habit of putting relentless pressure on yourself to please others and be perfect? Does it sometimes feel as if there’s a Manager or Boss living in your brain who is constantly cracking the whip? What would it be like to be gentle with yourself when you...
Help For Parents of Very Challenging Teens: If you are struggling to parent a very challenging teen, you are not alone, and there is help! In this information age where our kids are ruled by their iphones, insta feeds, tic toc, and snapchat, it’s increasingly...
Get the help you and your partner need with Couples Therapy For Insecure Attachment in Vancouver, BC. Most of us come to intimate relationships with insecure attachment strategies that make it difficult to be compassionate when our partner is being annoying and...
Because anxiety is distressing, most people try to avoid it but then our brains don’t learn how to cope with anxiety and it ends up being in the driver seat of our lives. Listening to anxiety is a path to resolve the underlying emotional conflict that drives it....
Do you suspect you have a Narcissist or someone with narcissistic traits in your life? Does that person make you feel like your needs and feelings are unacceptable? The Narcissist has an uncanny way of manipulating others in their quest to achieve the perfect image....
The enemy is not your partner, it’s the distress cycle. It causes those unsettling doubts about whether your relationship is a forever home. It drives fear that your partner is incapable of loving and accepting you for who you are. It’s your distress cycle with your...